Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Battlestar Galactica

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

I have once again unwittingly stumbled upon another great series. I got hooked when I caught a random episode 2weeks ago; I then proceeded to buy the complete season 1 and 2 on dvd. I must say its even better than i thought it was gonna be after watching the random episode. So what makes it so good?

1) A new, and "fresh" take on the recurring "human Vs. Machine" plot. Unlike all previous sci-fi movies where Humans are still a formidable force to be reckoned with, in Battlestar Galactica, humans are almost extinct. There's a feeling that any moment could be humanities last (of course you know it isn't going to be, but thats the environment they've created).

2) Damn good music... coupled with well placed cinematics... been looking for the soundtrack to download. I've only been able to track down the theme song which will be downloadable when u click THIS. There are a number of other nice songs, and I'll be on the look out for them.

3) The writers keep you guessing. They never really explain everything. And the characters are so multi-faceted that you just don't know what they are going to decide on.

4) The nice quotes. One is mentioned below. The other one I rather liked was: "its not just about surviving; its about being worthy to survive"

5) The mix of mythology.

6) The interesting perspective humans are viewed in. Interesting lines... I believe one line was "they are all masters of self-destruction"... found this rather interesting, and true in multiple ways.

7) The great cast. I especially like "Boomer" or Lt. Sharon Valerii. Its quite self-explanitory why I like her, when you see her picture.

Ok this isn't the best picture. She looks alot better on film.
Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us

A definate, must watch! Season 2 is playing on Astro (not sure of the time or day)

Season 3 is going to be released in the states this October!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home