Tuesday, October 23, 2007

madness in her eyes

It's odd how we fail to realize the way small things affect us until much later... about 3 years ago I read lord of the flies... partially because the title intrigued me, partially because my lecturer suggested it, partially because the theme's made it so different from what I usually read 3 years back...

Today I was in the bathroom... a place I oddly get a lot of thinking done... and I realized that I have a view similar to Golding’s. Oddly, I view man as by default a dark force of partial madness which all the laws, rules, regulations, guidelines, norms, moreys and folkways act only to restrain but fail to quell. Stripped down, we are worst than any animal... a little more cunning, a little more devious...Golding viewed humans at essence as creatures of survival, instinct and savagery.. removed from society, we would do anything to survive... my view is that stripped down, man is inherently evil... we do not kill for survival, we kill to feed the little darkness within... all of us have a 'spark' of darkness... all of us admittedly or otherwise are fascinated by it... look into the eyes of those around you, look long, look hard... and witness madness..

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home