Monday, December 13, 2004

30hour day

As are most Malaysians, I have very BAD time management. I'm forever running late and arriving just in the nick of time... It was worse in my high school days, I’d be running out of the house with my shirt half-buttoned and my shoes in my hand, then I’d arrive at school just as the bell were to ring(well mostly before it rang).... that was the scenario I lived for the last four years of my high school life.. It was fun and I enjoyed myself, but there were many things missing from my life then which I only now realize were missing(I’ll elaborate more on what things were missing from my life at a later date)

Getting back on track, I now find that I have too few hours to fit in everything I want to do in a day… this is probably why I don’t sleep much; I try to cram in everything possible… I mean on any average day, I’d like to read, watch some TV, play some mindless games, exercise a bit, just hang out with friends and also spend sometime with the family… so how am I supposed to do all these things in a mere 24 hours ??(Excluding sleeping time)... I’ve actually had quite a few things I’ve wanted to write on, but I simply haven’t gotten down to it… hopefully now with my holidays on I’ll be able to get some of these ideas of mine on paper… that is if I am able to finish all my x’mas shopping…

Another annoying aspect of Malaysian time management; we really don’t know how to make proper plans. For instance, a couple days ago I was called in the middle of a funeral to go bowling the next day, later I called back to find out where and when… surprise, surprise it had been postponed.. Sunday comes, and I ask what time on Monday we were supposed to meet up, and I was told, “In the afternoon”… I found this answer rather amusing, but quite a waste of a 15cents, as I had to re-sms my friend to ask for an actual time frame…

Also, procrastinating!!! This is another major flaw I have… I always leave things to the last minute…More often than not, it doesn’t turn out too well, but this stems from the lazy factor, which I’m not going to get into…

Wouldn’t it be more fun to have perhaps a 30hour day? Wishful thinking on my part, no idea if something like that would actually be possible…

Okay, I’ve bored myself writing about this… my next post will hopefully be on something more interesting or at least unusual... hehe

2 Comments:

Blogger daenielle said...

You know, I don't think I would want a 30 hour day. 24 hour days are already quite a lot to handle. No 30 hour day for me...not unless the excess 6 hours are meant solely for sleeping.

I know what you mean about Malaysians and timing though and it gets on my nerves quite a lot of the time too. But I suppose that's where tolerance comes in. Hmmmm...

1:14 PM  
Blogger Gabriel said...

Hmmmmm... well maybe you don't like the 30hr idea because i have yet to introduce you to the wonderful world of HBO and star movies

But yeah... can't really do much about the M'sian timing... but it does get a bit ridiculous sometimes.. Counted how long I've had to wait for friends this week alone: 2.5hrs

"Limitless patience, but no tollerance" Terry Goodkind
- thought I'd throw in that quote...

4:45 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home