Sunday, March 05, 2006

Motto

I've always been fascinated with names, mottos, and all things pertaining to the interesting side of my heritage. Some branches of my family have nice motto's and coats of arms, the other branches aren't so interesting. Anyhow, I was reading a book on all the family motto's certain famous people had...really interesting how their family motto's so closely described the deeds they were famous for.

So then came the idea. True, coats of arms were tehnically used to distinguish the various war clans and stuff during battle.. but so what.. why not make one up for the current generation as its near impossible to find our oldddd coat of arms. And while at it, make a new family motto.

So here it is, the Rodrigues family motto: operor non iuguolo quis vos can manipulate

It roughly transalates to: "Do not kill anything you can manipulate"

I'm in the midst of designing the family coat of arms, but there are numerous guidelines I haven't yet gone through. So that will come at a later date. However for now, I'm rather happy with the motto I created.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

what a nasty, sinister motto!

2:37 PM  
Blogger Gabriel said...

fits the family perfectly..hehe

3:26 PM  
Blogger Soon Seng said...

Lookie what I've found... Hehe... was searching for my name online... Update more lah...

12:22 AM  
Blogger Seta said...

cheh wah, never give credit to your translator..... HEATHEN!

3:23 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home