Thursday, December 18, 2008

Legend of the Seeker

Some years ago, my mother bought a book for me of a relatively unknown author. Out of boredom, I opened the book and started to read. The author soon became my favourite due to his writing style, character development, the rich universe he created, the philosophical elements thrown in. But above all else, I liked the absolutist ideal of Kahlan Amnell & Richard Rahl.

So when I heard that the books were now going to be transformed into a series, I had many reservations. Finding suitable actors for the lead would prove difficult. No actors in the hollywood sphere would be able to fulfill those roles. I caught a 'sneak peeks' of the series at the authors website and was utterly dissapointed with the casting choices. Richard Rahl was supposed to be a powerful man... while this guy was not exactly puny, he was simply average. Kahlan Amnell was not a bad choice except her hair was all wrong. Zed was too large a man for his role. Zed here looked more like the character Nathan. Chase was too short.

Despite all of that, I decided I'd watch the first episode @ surfthechannel.com
While it was really hard at first to get used to the casting choices, plot changes and character inconsistencies, it was simply so nice to see some elements of the story play out. I am not sure how long this series is going to last, but while it does, I shall enjoy it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home