Monday, December 20, 2004

Some weird things I just happened to stumble upon

If any of you watched 'Alexander' closely you'd have noticed that throughout the film Alexander (Colin Farrell) used his right hand. But in truth, Alexander the great was left handed. Quite a large slip up, I'd say.

Something else movie related; after watching National Treasure, I was inspired to do a little reading into the history of the independance of the US. I found it rather interesting, I'm actually thinking of taking it next semester. But thats getting off track, the reason why I mentioned the movie at all is because I just loved the style and language used in the Declaration of Independance (which the movie centralized on) Check out the declaration of independance here:
http://www.law.indiana.edu/uslawdocs/declaration.html
_______________________________________________
I've now come across the word 'tesserae' three times in 3 different books, written by three different authors. All three used the word to refer to something secret or hidden, but when I looked up various dictionaries and encyclopedias, there was nothing remotely connected to the context in which the word was used. For instance, the Websters dictionary termed 'tesserae' as a small tile or die, and/or an object used as a ticket or token in ancient Rome. Just thought it was slightly queer...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home