Sunday, March 13, 2005

Yeahs!!

Finally, I'm done with this semester! I admit it wasn't exactly the most stressful or time consuming semester, but towards the end it really was pretty though. In one week I had to catch up on 2 months of negligence! The thing with me is I have a very low interest span; I study 4-5 pages, and it's time for a half an hour break. That was my study routine for the first six days of my study break, on the seventh day I hadn't even covered half the material required. Thinking it was either do or die, I rolled up my sleeves and did some hardcore studying; from 11am Tuesday until 5.30am Wednesday I studied non-stop. I was able to cover everything; and I was rather confident that I would perform in the mcq section, but as for the essay section... well let’s say, I didn't even look through the tips until I was 10 minutes away form the exam hall. Oh, and after my exams were finished on Wednesday, I still had to finish off my report for Rumah Hope. Probably an easy task if I had jotted down notes during my visits; but no, not my style. Instead I had to construct a 20page journal entirely from memory within the span of one day. Construct I did, but the next day I was so tired I slept through all the plans I had arranged.

Where was I before I started rambling.... oh yes, while I was busy studying a few thoughts occurred to me; but I didn't get the chance to do more investigation. So now that I'm done with the exams I can finally sit down and sort through a few ideas and mysteries which dawned on me. I'm not going to start the investigations right now, a little too early in the morning for that. Instead I'll give you'll a sneak preview of a few things which have intrigued me.

- I spotted a sign which read 'In God we trust, the rest pay cash', I found the sign rather amusing, but at the same time rather familiar. Where is it that I'd seen the words 'In God we trust'? Then it dawned on me; most American money has that motto written on it. How is it that a culture as secularistic as the Americans came about printing such a motto on their money? And why?

-What happened in the end of 'Sepet'? Did he die or didn’t he?

-Some da Vinci code research

-The significance of the words: Amanuensis, Mary knoll, Animus, Flamenco, and Arevedicci.

1 Comments:

Blogger daenielle said...

I'm not too sure about all the other words, but arrivederci is Italian for goodbye.

12:41 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home