Tuesday, February 01, 2005

Pure Joy

Ever had a dream which you didn’t want to get up from, but you were forced to get up and then the entire dream fades as soon as you’re truly awake? Well I had a dream like that today. I have no recollection of any of it’s details: no characters, settings, plots or themes- I’m totally blank. The only thing which did stay with me was the joy I had experienced during the dream. It really was quite weird, it’s been very long since I last experienced such pure and simply joy. The last time I was this purely and truly happy was when I was a toddler opening presents under the tree on Christmas morning. The closest thing I can equate this to is the kind of happiness dogs experience all the time, or the childlike glee at the prospect of going for a holiday the first time round. Even now, it’s almost 5 in the evening and I still have the lingering feeling of absolute joy- the only thing to dampen my spirits is the fact that the sky is rumbling and I fear it may start to rain heavily as it did yesterday.

1 Comments:

Blogger -chrisy- said...

but in the end, you have to wake up from the dream. No matter its a good dream,a sad dream or a nightmare. You will have to wake up. You can bring dreams into your memories. Dreams that you can't be deleted in your memories.

2:43 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home