Sunday, January 09, 2005

A few Realizations

Recently I've had a lot of time to myself; and well boring myself to death with nothing to do-no TV, no books, no online games, no sports, and friends are incessantly occupied (Me not wanting to interrupt). So I've had time to think and realize certain things in my life-not anything of depth, hehe...actually rather trivial things.

Throughout my life I've actually not liked the sun too much. I only liked it on the rare occasion that it was 'dry heat' as i term it. I especially hated it when it rained; then it would be even more annoying, because of the access moisture in the air. Now here's the realization, I don't know when exactly, but I've come to like Malaysian weather. Don't ask me why, but I suddenly like the normally garish sun. I still hate the humidity, but mostly I've been enjoying the recent weather. As for the rainstorms, I've always liked them accept on the occasion that I wanted to go out or needed to use the computer, so no complains.

Next, I realized that I really like certain movies. Movies such as, P. T. Opera, A walk to remember, Spiderman, Matrix, T. L. Samurai, L.O.T.R., Harry Potter.......etc etc. All these movies can be put into three different groups, the good fight, quest for love and fantasy. I would classify 'the good fight' movies to be movies where strong emotions and dilemmas play, and in the end the hero sacrifices individual needs for the greater good. Nothing can be more noble than that, and we all can only aspire to reach such a high level of humanity. Such movies would include, the matrix, Spiderman, and the last samurai.

As for 'quest for love', I would classify this as any movie in which it's characters are willing to go the distance, and sacrifice all to the ideology of true love. Movies in this category include, P.T. Opera and a walk to remember. Now this is what I realized about myself, I like 'quest for love' movies so much, because I too am a believer of the ideology of true love, and that's the reason I've been dissatisfied in previous relations.

As for the last category of movies I like, 'fantasy'. I find that such movies attract me because as always, the grass is greener on the other side, and I like the simplicity and complexity of life in the pseudo universes conjured by master authors. Not that I have something against the way of life here in our little corner of the universe, but I think it could take a leaf of two out of the world of fantasy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home