Thursday, January 06, 2005

To the mosque and beyond

I was walking around the other day and I passed a mosque as their prayers were going on, it was then that a plot took shape in my mind. I wondered what they did in there and what it was actually like in one of those giant mosques during religious festivals. Okay so here’s the thing, I have quite an active imagination; and I occasionally think how something could be pulled off, as in heists – hehe, no I’m not going into that line of work, I just like thinking about how it’s possible. On this occasion however it wasn’t anything as complex as a heist , it was getting in and out of a mosque undetected.

1)So first I would have to work on appearance, which is already pretty much covered. People commonly mistake my coloring for being that of a Malay or Chinese. As for my clothing, a ‘kopiah’, a ‘baju melayu’, a pair of longs and a pair of slippers would do fine.

2)Touch up on my Malaya vocab and sentence structure, and you have Mohammad Mikhel.

3)Get into the mosque, and follow what everyone else does.
_________________________________________________
Now I’m thinking how I might get into a Hindu temple, my coloring isn’t going to fool many.

7 Comments:

Blogger Shankar said...

hehe, a rather good plan...however did you manage to get into the Mosque? and fool all?

hehe well you're quite right there, you're not goona fool many in a Temple (hehe and im just talking about it complextion wise)

though nice idea though..do tell if it gets executed

11:05 PM  
Blogger gP said...

Hey Gab,

DOnt worry about Hindu temples, no one will say anything. Its open. You can get in and admire there stone carvings, desings and the colors anytime.

Cheers,
Gp

http://humanuniverse.blogspot.com

12:23 AM  
Blogger Gabriel said...

Dear A.S.
Hehe.. No i haven't tried though i would like too... Visions of malays chasing me out of the mosque waving 'parang's' in the air tends to deter me. Thanks for stopping by =)

Dear Ghost Particle,
Really? Had no idea about that. I guess I'll have to have a go at it then one of these days. Thanks man, and drop by again =)

9:56 AM  
Blogger Shankar said...

"Visions of malays chasing me out of the mosque waving 'parang's' in the air tends to deter me."

hehehehehe.....well where would be the fun in life if you werent chased by a bunch of deranged Malays with "blunt" 'parang's ...hehe take a chance!

and now - this im saying from the perspective of a person who have done equally (if not more) crazy stuff cause he was curious..

oh and yes, as GP said Hindu Temples are open to all, you may wish to see them anytime you like

6:26 PM  
Blogger Gabriel said...

Curiosity killed the cat, but satisfaction brought it back
-Eugene O'Neill

Hehe, thought it fitting

8:23 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hehe fitting indeed, though I still think you should go for it! ;)

4:11 AM  
Blogger Gabriel said...

I would, but it just isn't fun doing stuff like this alone. I need a conspirator or two.

3:16 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home